Registration and Enrollment
The Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School is a public school committed to equal opportunity. Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School believes in having balanced and diverse classrooms. An equal number of students from multiple academic levels will be admitted. The school is nonsectarian and will admit all residents of the Chula Vista Elementary School District for the elementary level (and surrounding communities for the middle and high school levels)on a nondiscriminatory basis without regard to race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, behavior, age, ancestry, gender, mental or physical disability, ethnic group identification, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, gender dysphoria, gender transition, language proficiency, or academic achievement. Admission exams or special admission requirements will not be required for applicants.
Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School students do not need to reapply as they are already a part of the school’s continuum. Siblings of current Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School students will be automatically accepted to Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School based on availability, are in good standings according to the parent compact and handbook.
In the event Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School has more students wanting admission beyond the capacity of the school site, the charter will create a waiting list for admission to determine which students will be admitted for that given school year. Siblings of current Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School students will be prioritized on the waiting list.
For new enrollment, parents must complete step one and two below within the application timeline in a timely manner:
Elementary School TK - 6
Complete the necessary paperwork at their home school and apply for a Zone Transfer.
Submit Zone Transfer form to Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School. Present the school transfer form and submit school application to designated Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School office staff within the timeframe established by Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School (dates will be available at office and website).
Middle School and High School 7 - 12
Complete the Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School registration packet.
Submit Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School registration packet to any of the three Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School office secretaries.
Within 30 calendar days of the application, parents will be notified by a letter of acceptance or a notice of a waiting list placement. If an opening occurs, parents/guardians are notified by a phone call from the Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School site secretary. Parents/guardians must respond within 24 hours to secure admission.
The Chula Vista Learning CommunityCharter School is a school of choice. Students and parents attending Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School shall comply with the following expectations:
Parents will be accountable for and support their children’s learning in the following ways:
- Monitor their child’s attendance
- Ensure children arrive on time and attend school as required
- Participate in decisions processes relating to their child’s education
- Reinforce school and classroom expectations
- Stay informed about and participate in their child’s education and academic progress through consistent communication with the school (promptly reading notices received by their child or by mail and responding as appropriate)
- Educate their child on and reinforce the use of appropriate behavior that promotes the school’s code of conduct
- Adhere to the school’s uniform policy at each school site
- Participate in parent volunteer opportunities in a timely manner
- Show courtesy and respect toward members of the community at all times
- Follow established traffic patterns and guidelines at each school site
- Provide a supportive environment and necessary materials to complete assigned school work and academic responsibilities
- Ensure homework is completed
- Attend and participate in Chula Vista Learning Community Charter Board meetings
- Support their child as a global citizen by participating in the TK-12 educational experiences offered by the Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School
Students will be accountable for their own learning in the following ways:
- Be proud of a quality or skill related to an academic task
- Complete homework assignments every day and ask for help when needed
- Inquire and ask for clarity
- Explore the world through reading a variety of texts at least 20 to 30 minutes every day outside of school time
- Communicate all notices and information about the school to the adult who is responsible for their welfare
- Challenge themselves to grow in academic commitment and practice a growth mindset
- Demonstrate and maintain appropriate behavior and embrace all Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School Code of conduct
- Prevent physical, emotional and cyber bullying, harassment and intimidation
- Know and follow all school and classroom expectations
- Come prepared to school with appropriate materials for learning
- Inspire an academic environment with appropriate uniform attire
- Engage in global activism
- Invite family members to school functions and special events
- Be responsible for their own learning and maintain a high academic standing
"El estudio no se mide por el número de páginas leídas en una noche,
ni por la cantidad de libros leídos en un semestre.
Estudiar no es un acto de consumir ideas, sino de crearlas y recrearlas." Paulo Freire