ELEMENTARY TRAFFIC PATTERN
Faculty members park in the school parking lot. Parents/Family members should NOT park in the parking lot. YOU MAY RECEIVE A TICKETif you are in the school parking lot. Other expectations include:
- Be respectful and courteous with other drivers and families
- Drop off students at the drop off zone
- Refrain from stopping or parking in handicap, red areas, driveways or crosswalks
- Avoid leaving cars unattended to drop off students in YMCA program
- Yellow lines are for loading and unloading only
- Do not turn left when you exit the school ground
- Do not drive into private driveways to drop off or pick up students
- Traffic must be circulating at all times, no stopping and waiting
- You must have a handicap card to parked in handicap parking, but still need to follow the traffic pattern
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN AND KINDERGARTEN
An adult must walk all Transitional Kinder and Kinder students onto the campus. Any adult picking up a Transitional Kinder/Kinder student must be a parent or an adult on the emergency contact card. The adult will need to park outside the school grounds and pick up the child from his/her homeroom.
You will only be allowed to enter and exit through the front gate.
TRAFFIC PATTERN GRADES 1STTHROUGH 6TH
MORNING DROP OFF:
The entrance to the elementary school in the morning is from Beech Ave. and/or K St. coming from Broadway. Please give yourself plenty of time. A left turn from K St. will not be allowed, to enter the school, only a right turn is allowed.We strongly encourage that you park on 5th Avenue and walk into the school to drop off students.
BEECH AVENUE TO ENTER CAMPUS:
If you are coming from Broadway, make a left on Ash, right on James and turn right on Beech Ave. If you are coming from 5th Ave., go west on James Avenue and make a left onto Beech Ave.
AFTERNOON PICK UP:
GATES OPEN AT 3:10 PM. Please avoid parking on Ash Ave., Beech Ave. and Cedar Ave. to start the lineup. Do not start lining up until 3:10 PM/1:10 pm Friday.It’s best if you pick up your child after 3:10 pm, Mondays – Thursdaysand after 1:10 pm on Fridaysand minimum days. If you are parked illegally on K St., you risk a parking violation. We strongly encourage to park on 5th Avenue and walk into the school to pick-up students. Carpooling is encouraged. At 3:30 pm students will be walk into the school and parents will have to go to the library for pick-up.
GRADES 5TH & 6TH BACK GATE ACCESS:
Beginning July 31st, 2018, parents of grades 5th& 6th, have the option to pick up from the back gate area located on Sierra Street between 3:00 – 3:20 pm Mondays - Thursdays/1:00 – 1:20 pm on Fridays. Siblings in grades 1st– 4th must be accompanied by their 5th/6th grade family member and MUST have the proper ID before exiting the back gate.
It is critically important to always drive with overwhelming care and concern!